THE IMAGINATIVE FAMILY

a celebration of one family's Imagine-Nation!

March 31, 2010

CREATING TRADITIONS - Quick-sew smock dress

At the wonderful little school Lily attends, they celebrate birthdays by eating a special homemade treat and tracing an outline of the birthday boy, or girl. Each schoolmate adds a special thankful to the traced outline. For example, "I love playing on the playground with you, you are my friend." Because Lily's birthday is in the summer when school is out they celebrate her 4, 1/2 birthday.
I too wanted to make something special for this special day and quickly put together this colorful smock with her initials on the big front pockets. It is wonderfully simple (I am a novice sewer), and Lily had fun making it with me and cutting out the letters. After a day of drawing and painting at school, the smock is easily washed and the clothes underneath are stain free (mostly). PS...It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie characters which I can't wait to read with my girls when they are older. Check out

No comments:

Post a Comment